Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Week 10: 23 Is this really the end?

I'v really enjoyed these exercises in roaming the web. It made me a little more aware of how much there is that I don't know about it. The weeks I enjoyed the most were the avatars, the books and the Youtube. Myspace is not for me. One thing I will keep on enjoying is the Library Elf. I like the way it is set up with my whole account on one screen. My son has been a lot of help and I am impressed by the easy way he gets around the web. Flicka was fun and probalbly something I'll use in the future. The world seems to becoming more and more dependent on the internet so it's important that we don't get left behind. We do our banking and shopping on line now. Also any question can be answered in minutes. People can visit friends and relatives on the other side of the country or the other side of the world and share their thoughts and pictures instantly. Of course, the news is full of the ugly and evil side of the internet also. My mother, who is in her 80's, is to afraid to even touch a computer. I think the good far outweights the bad and it certainly here to stay.

No comments: