Thursday, October 25, 2007

Week: 7 # 17 Technology

Modern technology is truly a wonderful and frighting thing. Every time I see a new gadget that does dozens of things, I cringe to think how many hours I would have to spend to even get it to turn on. My husband thinks it's "intuitive" to operate them, to which I say "Yeah right". Just last week, when my husband was out of town, I decided to play a DVD. Hurrah for me, I did. The only touble was trying to go back to regular HDTV, I must have pushed the wrong button because none of the remotes would do anything. I fixed it my usual way. I press every botton on every remote until I got a picture. And another example of the down side to technology happen today at the library, the computers went down. So very many of our tasks involve the computer so without them we were helpless. Don't get me wrong, I do love the computer and all it can do to help us in our job. It's just scary seeing how dependent we are on them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How true! We felt the same way at our branch when the computers went down; it is scary to see how dependent we are on them.

Mary said...

I have to agree with you that it is a scary thing to see how we depend on computers and all our electronic "toys". I have had the same problem you had just in working a silly remote. Remember the "good old days" when we actually had to get out of our chair to change tv channels?